Sunday, January 20, 2013

Genevieve's Blessing

Dear Genevieve,

Today is the day I dedicate you to the the Lord; the day I make a vow to raise you in the knowledge and love of the Lord. I promise to teach you to love Jesus with all your heart, mind, and soul, and I pray that you will one day come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

When I chose the name "Genevieve", I did so because I wanted you to have a beautiful, unique, old-fashioned name. I later found that the meaning of your name is "White Wave". With this in mind, I hope that it will serve as a reminder to keep your faith as strong as the ocean's tides.

The day of your birth was the first snow of the year. I will always remember that as a symbol of your innocence and purity. I loved you so much on that day, and my love for you has only grown.

Galatians 5:22-23 says that the fruits of the Spirit are Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. These are the qualities I hope to see you embody as you grow.

Finally, I want to give you a verse that I pray will direct your life. Psalm 42:1-2, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"

Sweet girl, may you ever pant and thirst for the living God.

Love,
Momma

No comments: